Liebster Award 2016
Blogging has been so much more of a community project than I realized when I thought I might like to start a WordPress blog. I hid my desire to write my whole life and so it feels strange (and wonderful) to be called out as a blogger or a writer. Thank you @Cazzysflow for nominating me for the Liebster Award.
Cazzy is also a nominee for the Liebster award. If you check out her blog https://cazzysflow.wordpress.com you can see the questions she was asked…I liked her responses and learning about her was fun.
Here are the official rules for nomination and acceptance of the Liebster Award.
Here are my picks for Liebster Award nominees. Please check out their blogs! This is a great opportunity to make new friends in the blogging community!
Congratulations guys! I have really enjoyed reading your blog! Please see the questions for you to answer below.
- What made you start blogging?
- What is the most difficult part of blogging?
- Do you think you can ever criticize or disagree with somebody’s blog or post?
- How did you choose the name of your blog?
- What are your best tips and tricks for new bloggers?
- Describe yourself in 3 words:
- Name one thing you love and one thing you hate?
- How do you decided what your next post will be?
- Have you ever had writers block & what did you do to help?
- What do you think of my blog?
The questions above are pretty much the same questions I was asked. Below please find my 11 random things and my 10 questions. I enjoyed answering and hope you will too!
11 RANDOM things about me.
- The idea of living in a tiny house appeals to me. Especially one made using shipping containers OR a straw bale home.
- I love New Orleans. If I could figure how to make a living there and be able to visit family and friends whenever I wanted; I’d pack my bags (and husband) and go!
- Secretly have dreamed of being able to play piano or guitar or sing. However, audience members are also important.
- I started painting about a year ago and I love it. I’m not very good at it but I find it relaxing and I love letting my mind wander while I paint.
- I started a book group where I live and we’ve been meeting monthly for book talk, wine and appetizers for nearly 2 1/2 years. Let me know if you would like our book list. Lots of variety for any palate or for someone like me who likes to read it all.
- I have worked in the book industry in some capacity for about 22 years. It’s an addiction.
- I tried Paleo eating a few years ago and it improved my cooking skills remarkably.
- I do NOT like lima beans or liver or (iceberg) lettuce.
- I have a dog that I named after a character in a book. His name is Pepito, the Bad Hat. Can you guess the book? Pepito (my dog) is a little chihuahua and dachshund mix. We rescued him when he was 4 months old.
- Since receiving the gift from my husband, I have been obsessively working on my family tree through Ancestry.com.
- In my next life, I think I’d like to be a forensic pathologist. I also hope to be able to pass math and chemistry in my next life.
- What made you start blogging? It happened when I wanted a good place to collect the stories I was writing about my family. It’s still a big part of my blog and I have loved being able to connect with these relatives living and dead in new ways.
- What is the one most boring thing about blogging according to you? Nothing about it is boring. Some of it is infuriating to me – no one told me I’d have to learn html or whatever it’s called. Some of it is tedious – like choosing a theme. Unexpected and Pleasant – I had no idea I’d be interacting with other bloggers. Mostly I find it challenging and exciting when I can figure out finally something new. I love learning new things and this is providing a lot of new things.
- Do you think you can ever respectfully criticize or disagree with somebody’s blog or post? Although this is a tough one for me, I did this exercise in the commenting class that was available on https://dailypost.wordpress.com/blogging-university/ (loved it BTW, you should totally do it if you haven’t). I do sometimes disagree with a blogger’s point of view but I always appreciate reading them because as a human being…I need to learn to understand other’s perspective. Cannot really find an easier or better way to encounter a variety of perspectives than in a blogging community. I guess if I REALLY disagreed with what someone had to say, I’d probably ask respectful questions to try to gain understanding and then if they asked me my opinion I would let them know how I felt. It really depends on the topic. Sorry..lots of words from me today.
- How did you choose the name of your blog? It was all based upon the family stories and how I felt about writing about them.
- What will be your tips to new bloggers? Read other blogs. Not just ones you think you like but lots of different kinds of blogs. You can see how they set their blog up, writing style, formatting, themes, learn new stuff and make friends too (commenting will help with that). Other people’s blogs are a wealth of information and not just about the writers or their topics. Go to the blogging meet up. Make friends, learn stuff, ask questions and opinions, give opinions and answers. In fact, I’ll probably be asking questions about how to get a widget on my post.
- Describe yourself in 3 words: Compassionate. Stubborn. Quirky.
- Name one thing you love and one thing you hate? I love my family. I hate ignorance.
- How do you decided what your next post will be? They come to me when I meditate (I know, I’m not supposed to be thinking about that stuff when I meditate). Sometimes in dreams. A lot of times during the day I have to send myself a quick email with the idea to look at later. Lots of times it’s just crap but sometimes it’s good stuff.
- Have you ever had writers block & what did you do to help. I read, I journal, Pinterest, I work on my ancestry.com, I paint, I meditate. I have a lot of drafts that I’m working on and a lot of times when I’m writing something ENTIRELY different I will think of a crazy idea. I write it down and come back to it later, maybe. Sometimes, I just don’t write. I am trying to though, every day, like meditating, I’m trying to build a habit.
- What do you think of my blog? I love it. Visually it’s like a small vacation or like being taken to a tranquil place. Your poetry/rap has smart positive messages and I like your sense of humor.